Friday, January 6, 2012

In Full Swing: 2012

With the first week of the New Year almost over and the Holiday season having dissipated it's rather sad to see all of it go with the abrupt start of a new year.  Every one is hustling and bustling back to work, in with the new out with the old....and as much as I absolutely love the winter holidays, I find myself doing much of the former along with everyone else.

I've found myself decluttering the house of all the knick knacks that seem to pile up over the holidays from being so busy at family and friends houses and out on vacation. Our place got to feeling like a place to unload rather than home.  The counters are now clutter free, and I've been inspired to put pictures on the wall that have had a permanent address on the floor since we moved into our place. 

One thing that I've been wanting to do since we moved in....purchase new bedding! Now, my boyfriend would totally go into mock mode with a high pitched girly voice and say "Oh yes, the colors are so warm and inviting...I totally sleep better now that we have new bedding." But really, it IS more inviting and I do LOVE the colors but the sleeping better part hasn't come in to play yet ;-) 
(Lovely right!!?) 

And for the last three years I've had the goal of doing a half marathon every year.  So far, it's been the River City Half Marathon.  Last year, I put another half on the list with the Urban Cow Half Marathon in October.  And who knows, maybe I'll do three this year.  But one thing is for sure, on March 25th I'll be at the starting line for the River City Half...third times a charm!  
And so I've been starting the new year out right with simple morning runs with Sophie (she only likes to do a mile, nothing more) and then I tend to get back out there and complete another 1.5 mile loop.  For some reason new gear always gets me excited to go out and run! I've got my new lulu gear from Santa, my new Brooks shoes that were MUCH needed, and some special cupcake socks ;-).  Who wouldn't want to go running with all that awesomeness??





















(Built in hand warmers on my Lulu jacket...yet another reason to get my butt out there and run!)

I always think about making resolutions for the New Year but I like to make goals instead.  Goals seem more attainable and more positive than resolutions.  Goals = glass half full...resolution = half empty?  That's the way I see it.  So my goals: Another half marathon or 2 or 3, taking on a new slice of life as a pastry connoisseur, and therefore, create, create, create! It's what I do and what I love. 

So my first creative adventure of the year...

My niece is on the way and should be here shortly...well, at the end of March.  I'm putting together the baby shower for my sister and brother-in-law and am having fun creating all the little things surrounding the theme "She's Ready To Pop".  As of right now, I'm solidifying the menu and making food cards for everything. 

More sneak peeks to come on this fun baby shower!

What are some of your goals this year??

No comments:

Post a Comment