Thursday, November 3, 2011

Honey Nut Scones

I'm a fan of scones....I really enjoy the pumpkin or maple scones at Starbucks!  I know, they aren't like homemade...so I had a go at it with this recipe from The Whimsical Cupcake.  


The minute I read honey my mouth started watering and I wanted them right that minute.  

And I happened to have all ingredients on hand. 


  I used everything the recipe called for except for parchment paper on the baking sheet.  Didn't have any of that and NO you cannot put wax paper in the oven.  Yes, I tried because the intranet told me so....big fail.  I was seconds away from the smoke alarm going off....
sooooo, I just Pam-ed a baking sheet and called it a day! 

They are best served right out of the oven with more honey drizzled on the top.  I keep the honey bear nearby because I like to douse every bite ;-) 
They are the perfect fall breakfast with a cup of hot cider or your morning coffee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment