Monday, November 7, 2011

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzel Balls

As you can see, all the goodness is in the name!  I found this recipe on Make Happy and it was such a quick and easy recipe I had to go for it.  

My family at Christmas used to make these chocolate peanut butter balls called Buck Eyes.  Our neighbor made them for us a long time ago when we were little kids in Indiana, and this recipe reminded me of those with an added salty texture which I think is FANtastic!  

What you are gonna need:

1 1/2 Cups of Pretzels
1/2 Cup of creamy peanut butter (I used Skippy)
1 Tbsp of butter (softened)
2 Tbsp of brown sugar
1/8 tsp of salt
3 Tbsp of powdered sugar
1 Cup of chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

First, you want to crush up the pretzels into small bits.  I placed pretzels into a Ziploc bag and and used a wine bottle as a rolling pin (I think I should start another blog "The Thrifty Kitchen"...I don't think I have any baking appliances and I have very minimal utensils, but I always seem to  "make it work" with what's around! ;-) 

In a small bowl combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, and salt and stir until well blended and smooth.  Add in the crushed pretzels and mix well.  Then add in the powdered sugar.
Next, grab a plate or cookie sheet and place wax paper over.  You want to roll the mixture into about 1 Tbsp size balls and place on wax paper (the recipe says 1 teaspoon...but bigger is better when it comes to baking!).  Chill the balls for about 30 minutes in the fridge. 
While chilling, melt the chocolate in the microwave (30 seconds to a minute), you want a smooth mixture with no clumps.  Drop each ball and coat the entire surface.  Replace all coated balls onto the waxed paper and place back in the fridge to chill for another 30 minutes.  
They go perfectly with a big cup of milk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment