Thursday, September 22, 2011

Friday's Five Things

So I got this idea from the blog "A long (enecker) short story" but she actually got the idea from Cupcakes and Cashmere, (not sure why I hadn't seen it there in the first place).  But anyhoo, the idea is basically to list five things that you are thankful/grateful for in the moment... or simply, five things that make you happy.  Anything from a simple picture that ellicits a smile, a yummy dessert, or a special person.  It's always a good idea to take some time to think about these things.  It's easy to get caught up in the daily routines and lose perspective of many of the positives in life.  And there are many!!

So with that said...here are this weeks five things!

1) I must always have my creative juices flowing. Not a week goes by where I'm not in the kitchen baking or off with my crafts.  This week I've been putting the two together... kitchen and crafts collide!! ;-) I've put together these "Cowgirl Cookie" mixes in mason jars.  I got the idea from the oh so talented Cake Pop Queen over at bakerella.com.  I made them as little gifts for my girls at work as a little "fare-thee-well" present.  


 First, I filled each mason jar with the cookie mixes and added the finishing touches below.  Some fabric I actually had lying around, a little ribbon and the printable label from Bakerella.  


2) My all-time favorite movie was recently re-released in 3D on the big screen.  I think you know which movie I'm talking about....The Lion King! And I was delighted that we got to take my boyfriend's nephew...he seemed to like it :-)  It was funny to watch him pawing at the air as if the movie was coming to life 2 inches in front of his face.  And I know he loved his Uncle Mikey time.   

They even had specialized Lion King themed 3D glasses for the kiddos....I secretly wanted the kid ones (which probably would've fit my face better anyways, next time I'll know to ask ;-) 

3) I'm training for yet another half marathon and my fantastic Brooks are keeping my feet going strong. I feel the need to purchase some new ones, as I've trained and conquered 2 half marathons with these shoes already.  It's time...but I think my existing pair will bring me through a third one.  Third times a charm right? 


4) My sister is pregnant with her first little one (I can't believe it, I'm going to be auntie!!) and I'm happily in charge of the baby shower.  The paperlesspost.com has become quite helpful in sending out the "save the dates".  An easy ad quick way to send what looks like an actual letter via e-mail.  Simple yet elegant.  I can't wait to start on the "She's Ready to Pop" themed shower! 


5) My boyfriend's crazy busy schedule with work and school week in and week out is something I'm so   proud of and yet it boggles my mind.  I rarely hear a peep out of him in terms of complaints, and I know I complain my fair share for the both of us.  Of course everyone has their own stressors and gauge as to what they can and can't handle.  But it's always a good reminder to know that someone always has it rougher than you.  I don't know how you do it babe...and with a smile on your face! 

And with that said, I leave you with a few good sayings (even I need some reminders)!

Sure will! 
So...
And :-) 

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment