Sunday, March 24, 2013

Feb. Showers bring March Flowers?

Yay, it's Spring time and the weather is actually being cooperative lately.  I hear though that it's not the same in much of the midwest and further East.  I have been maximizing my vitamin D time and getting outside! I'm currently training for the American River Parkway Half Marathon that is in another month so I've been trying to get outside more and off my treadmill.  However, we just recently acquired a treadmill and I must say, it is a dream come true!! 

The one thing I loved so much about living in apartment complexes in Foster City and in Folsom was that they came with great onsite exercise facilities.  I actually trained for my first half marathon entirely on a treadmill.  So I've been utilizing the convenience of our new treadmill!! Mike and I are also running the Run Rocklin 5 and 12k in a couple weeks with a couple of our friends so he's been getting his run on too!  

I ran tons of errands today.  When I've got lots of random things to get and a whole bunch of places to go, it's best for me to go by myself.  I linger as long as I want, take my sweet time, and stock up on tons of things I don't need ;-)  My trip started out at Ulta.  I was in the market for some waterproof mascara.  I wanted to try out Tarte's "lights, camera, splashes" 4-in-1 mascara as I'll be needing some heavy duty flood proof stuff for our wedding.  
And I also picked up Tarte's Maracuja Lip Gloss in "Blushing Bride" (I know, how ironic) to test out.  I'll report back on my findings!

With Spring in the air, I've started to make lists for wedding crafts.  I know, Spring has nothing to do with wedding crafts, but since it IS wedding season, I'm getting in the mood to start checking off some of my projects from my DIY list.  Project 1: Flower Pens! 

Michael's was my stop for my DIY project. I was looking for white and red anemone's.  I should backup and explain that our wedding color palette is pale mint, poppy (or red Anemone), with touches of gold and black/white.  
Kinda like this color board found here...
When discussing the florals with our florist from Design with Florae, Anemone's were big on my list as well as Peonies, Ranunculus, Fringed Tulips, and those awesome pod like things that look minty green.  Poppy pods?  I wanted to copy these florals for an arrangement on the guest 
book table.  I made some floral pens for my maid of honor's bridal shower awhile ago and I loved the way they turned out.  I thought I'd recreate the idea for us.  

I sat outside in the backyard today and went to town making pens.  I used 5 Anemone stalks, 2 red Ranunculus, and 2 red Peonies for 9 pens in total.  I also bought green floral tape and used a cute vase I had from Valentine's Day that worked perfectly.  And of course, I completed the look with some gold and mint ribbon.  
Source: Meredith on Pinterest

I'm very happy with the result! Now I have to figure out, an actual guestbook, a matting to surround a photo of us, or something like this?


What have you guys seen or done at your own weddings?

No comments:

Post a Comment