Thursday, December 15, 2011

Brown Sugar Banana Cupcakes

The only thing that ever comes to mind when I have overly ripe bananas sitting in our kitchen is....banana bread! But I thought...there's got to be something other than banana bread that I could make every time I have ripe bananas.  
When I'm in a stump as to what to make with a specific ingredient I head over to How Sweet It Is.  She has the most wonderful recipes and some are so unique and exotic. But, they always look so darn delicious...and I've made several things from her blog and can honestly say every thing IS so darn delicious.  
So I searched around her blog for some banana inspiration and came across her Brown Sugar Banana Cupcakes with Avocado Buttercream.  I thought I'd hold off on the avocado frosting for now :-/ maybe next time!  Instead, I just used some Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting to top them off.  
These cupcakes are heavenly! You can taste the banana pieces in each bite, they are oh-so-moist, and the added cinnamon and nutmeg really spice up the flavor a bit.  I think these might be some of the best cupcakes I've ever made.  And to be honest, without the frosting they are fabulous as well.  They'd make a great morning muffin! 
Of course, I thought I'd package them up as little gifts.  My friend gave me these gift boxes which are perfect for cookies or cupcakes as they have cupcake holder cardboard on the inside.  Not too sure where she got them but maybe Sur La Table?  And thanks to my mom for the cute cupcake ribbon! 

Now, I have two recipes that will come to mind when those bananas aren't so yellow anymore ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment