Thursday, October 20, 2011

Painting Pooh

Winnie the Pooh that is!

My sister and brother in law are having their first kiddo.  He/she should be arriving sometime at the end of March.  I can't believe I'll be an Auntie! I get the job description of spoiling this child rotten.  Woo hoo!!!

And to start, I knew my sister wanted a Winnie the Pooh themed nursery.  We were scavenging through my parent's garage looking for the old Winnie the Pooh book that I knew was there.  I was first inspired by all the great quotes and thought she should paint them on the wall of the baby's room.  Then I decided....I should paint the characters for her!

I started with Pooh!

I hunted down  a simple sketch of Pooh that I could look to in order to free-hand my drawing on canvas.  Thank you Pinterest!


I just looked back and forth for every little detail....the hardest part is getting the proportions just right.

So far so good...

Then, he needed a bit of color!


Ta-da!!


Next...I've got to figure out Piglet and Eeyore :-// 
Let's hope they turn out as good as Pooh did ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment