Monday, August 22, 2011

Ridin' Purrty

I've been wanting to get a bike for awhile now. Since we have so many trails in Folsom, I thought it would be a fun thing for Mike and I to do after work or on the weekends. Seeing as how I will not ride in the bike lane on a busy street (nor does Mike trust me to ride in the bike lane of ANY street) the trails would be a perfect option for me.

I love to look around at the scenery and literally enjoy the ride. I'm not so aware of my immediate surroundings and tend to veer off and swerve and run into things...I ran into a brick mail box on my bike when I was little. My family loves to tell that story. But it explains me perfectly...head in the clouds and always in my own little world.


I would LOVE to get a bike that is something like this...


Or this... Both bikes are the perfect shape and color. This bike seat above is large and fantastic. One thing I can't stand about riding bikes...my butt falls asleep within 10 minutes, so I need a nice big comfy seat! And of course, no bike is complete without a basket. You gotta be able to take some snacks, drinks, a camera, maybe a blanket or towel along. You never know where the journey might take you, so you best be prepared!


But the one thing that my BF was concerned about....no gears. I guess our trails might be a bit hilly and he said I'd have a hard time without gears getting up those hills. So my dreams of an old-fashioned yellow bike may be shattered unless I can find one with gears.

Ta-da! Not as hard as I thought....


Thankfully Folsom Bike may have just the thing!

Looks like I know where I might be headed after work today! Wish me luck in my endeavor to find a puuurty ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment