Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hot Chocolate and Coffee

I've always been a fan of both and used to be a fan of everything in between. The mocha, the mint hot chocolate, and the mouth full: non-fat sugar-free cinnamon dolche latte extra hot with no whipped cream. Kinda funny how as I get older (I know, I'm young) my likings seem to get simpler or maybe more refined.

I believe I have come full circle to the two staples I've always loved: hot chocolate and coffee. As a kid in Indiana, I grew up going to the famous breakfast joint, The Original Pancake House in South B
end. I used to spoon out coffee from my mom's mug, I doubt my dad would've allowed that, probably best seeing as I was a food-messy kid. But I also remember getting the best hot chocolates, doused with whip cream on top.















If you are interested, these are the two best items on the menu:
The Dutch Baby and
Apple Pancake, respectively.

Back to the beverages: I've
come to own one of the best contraptions that allows for my two loves, the Keurig one cup coffee machine. This is by far the best invention I've yet to come across. The coffee machine brews one cup of anything that's made with a K-cup. What's a K-cup? It's the cartridge that fits inside the machine and brews your cup o' joe!

My mom
was a fan first finding her machine at Costco with a variety pack of k-cups and a cartridge that allows you to grind your own beans to brew. I found mine at Kohls but continually find the best variety of K-cups at Bed Bath and Beyond. Not till recently have I become a full time member of a coffee club!



I now receive 4 boxes of my choosing from Green Mountain Coffee Company whenever I need them. If I run out in a couple days I can up my shipment to get my K-cups sooner. It's slicker than sliced bread. My favorites are the National Wildlife Blend and Dark Chocolate Hot Chocolate (tastes way better than the watered down Hot Cocoa...just warning you).


I can already tell you, I'm quite excited for the Holidays to come, seeing as how that's the best time to enjoy a nice hot chocolate and coffee, and when those "in betweens" seem to fit in....spiced pumpkin-chai-cider-eggnog-peppermint yadda yadda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment