Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Is Here!

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before but I absolutely adore Fall! It truly is just like F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote...


"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the Fall." 

It's like a refreshing start...almost like the feeling of a new year.  With Fall comes all my favorite things and I think it's because it's all tied to things of comfort, outdoors, childhood memories, and being with family and friends.  

The other day I started to jot down a Fall to-do list.  Fall cannot slip away with a few must-dos each and every year.  Today, Mike and I with a few of our friends knocked a couple items off that list.'

But to help those of you with your Fall to-do list...here is mine!

1. Get in the kitchen and bake up some Fall treats. 

My friend gave me a Caramel Apple Cake Pop kit, and I had to make them for Mike and my dad who love all things apple!


2. Get in the spirit and decorate the house Fall style

My mantle has since gotten yet another upgrade with tiny white pumpkins, but I was so excited to add some Fall flare to the house.  Mantles are the best place to start for seasonal decor.  



Love me some white pumpkins! They are by far my fave!



Scored with the fall welcome mat at CVS for $5!!


I whipped up these Pumpkin Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookies and they have since become a family favorite.  Several batches have already been devoured this Fall.  





3. Go to Apple Hill (or the closest Orchard/Harvest-type Festival) 



This place is a staple for us each Fall and I'm sure there's a place wherever you are located that features absolutely everything Fall...apples, pumpkins, hayrides.  Find your place and spend a weekend soaking up all the Fall galore!! 

For me, Apple Hill is the place I MUST get an apple fritter...yes they are pretty much the size of my head!  We just recently stumbled upon Caramel Apple Shakes so now it's a must every time we go! 

 


We also found a new spot this trip.  Jack Russell Brewery! Had to try the Apple Beer which was great.  However, Mike scored with their IPA.



4. Pick yourself a pumpkin! 
 

I love my little pea green pumpkin! I'm all about the odd suckers.

5. Go Apple Picking

This is one item on the list I have yet to accomplish.  We have another trip to Apple Hill scheduled this season, so it will be happening!

6. Back yard bonfire with s'mores
We tend to do this a lot in the summer but really the best weather for it is the Fall when it's cool outside and the fire is actually functional :-) 

7. Carve that pumpkin! 

This was my Jack ;-) I'm a terrible pumpkin carver, but I LOVE the activity.  Thought I'd pick something easy that year.  I tried Tinkerbell the year before...not successful :-/

8. Costume Party

We always have a great time during any Holiday at work and really get into the spirit.  


Several years ago this was my crazy flapper outfit...would be perfect with the Great Gatsby having resurfaced lately.



This year...I'm recruiting some co-workers to be Minions with me! How fun and easy would that be, right!!??  

We've already partaken in office "Spooktacular" donuts ;-) 


9. Resist that Halloween candy...but act like a kid and dig in every once in awhile ;-) 

I've already been told I'm "stealing from the children" according to Mike.  He decided this year, we'd be handing out full size candy and it's been staring at me for a month now already.  I've been good considering I could easily take one every day.  Only a few have gone missing ;-) 

10. Get outside 

The weather is THE best this time of year (sans rain)...but even with rain, go have a dance in those puddles!

I have been training for my 8th half marathon, The Livermore Grape Stomp, which I will complete on Oct. 20th.  




The morning runs have been the best! The weather is nice and crisp and perfect for my long runs.  

What is on your Fall must-do list? I'm always excited for new Fall activities so please comment away! 

Enjoy your Fall!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! You're blogging again! Fall IS spectacular and this year it truly is "crisp"! Keep writing Diffy, you do it so well. I am loving our new "nest" but I am missing you real bad. Can't wait for you to visit. Love you more than ever!!! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom!!! I'm gonna try and keep up with it...so hard with our crazy schedules! I will try to keep it simple though and update more frequently. I'm glad you love the new IN Nest. We miss you sooooo much. I cannot wait till Christmas, it's just too far away :-/ Love you so so so much :-))

      Delete