Friday, August 24, 2012

~Fall~

Even though I love the change that comes with every season, I seem to hold a special place in my heart for Fall.  There's a million things to love about each season but every time I think of Fall, I get the warm fuzzies inside.  

See, in California you really don't start to notice a seasonal change until late November, it seems.  And with each passing year the summer heat seems to come in later and linger till October.  Now, in Indiana the air already starts changing by the time it's "back to school" season...so right about now! Another reason to love Fall (yes, I know it's technically still summer).  I used to love going school supply shopping and picking up new highlighters, erasers, rubber cement...gotta love the rubber cement.  I think I enjoyed the supplies I used the least, like the protractor and the highlighter with the purple grip on it (what kid needs a highlighter!).  I remember some of my "first day of school" outfits that seriously deserve a few laughs, but they were so IN at the time.  

Like I was saying, the air starts to get a little crisper..especially in the early mornings.  There's a smell to the air too, it's fresher it seems.  Who doesn't love when the leaves start to change?!

This was definitely one of those crisp air type mornings.  

Even though the weather here in California doesn't really remind me of fall until later in the year, I luckily have Apply Hill close by to remind me that it's still here! 

Apple Hill is everything FALL! Apples, cider, pumpkins, nature, orchards, wine tasting, the country, pies, arts and crafts, candles, etc.  

Loads and loads of apples...
These bad boys were getting ready to be processed into cider! 

Best breakfast on Earth..."An apple a day"...or 5 ;-) 

Every time we go to Apple Hill I HAVE to get the apple fritter from High Hill Ranch...there is no substitute!
Of course, Mikey's favorites are always the caramel apples!
 You've gotta bring some apples home to make apple pies!
Fall definitely comes with pumpkin picking.  
Each year I seem to want something different and unique when choosing the perfect pumpkin...
Like this Cinderella's carriage looking pumkin here :-) 
And then comes the carving!!!
Yea, Tinkerbell's a little off...

The warm drinks start becoming necessary, and I find myself at Starbucks more often.  And when those happy red cups come out...I'm there even more so!  But to save a few bucks, I try my hand at barista as well...

And did I mention boots...a fall STAPLE! Must have boots! Multiple pairs are necessary...yes, necessary!  I call them my fall investment...I seem to get a pair every year :-/

And I think candy corn is the honorary candy of the season! Can't wait to get my dish out and put it to good use :-) 
And this little bumble bee came as my fall gift! We found this little munchkin on a stroll through downtown Livermore on a Saturday my family.  A rescue company had a set up of puppies and she won over our heart.  I always tell Mike that I found her, because let's face it, I practically took her and didn't let her go till the papers were signed!  I will never in my life forget the day this little girl came home with us...the first puppy I myself and my boyfriend ever owned.
I love taking rainy day strolls with her...both of us in our rain gear, she doesn't mind a few drops :-)
Aren't you excited for Fall!?
What makes you excited for the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment