Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Fall Facelift

After a few years of my blog design being pretty much the same from the start, I thought it could use a little facelift.  I'm actually surprised it took me so long as I love a rearrange project!  The old blog layout having been so clean and white, I thought it could use a little color around here.  And I'm happy with the flanking cascading leaf columns.  Those of you familiar with the old look, let me know what you think of the new.  I think it's perfect for Fall!

And in honor of the new look...why not a homemade beauty recipe for a little "facelift" of your own?  It's really not as drastic as it sounds ;-)

I found this fabulous list of DIY beauty concoctions and recipes for an at-home spa treatment from Glamour magazine.  I bet every one's wallets love the sound of that!  Cheap and easy.  I grabbed a large mason jar I had lying around (yes, I actually have them lying around...you never know when a mason jar project will strike!).

And the recipe is simple...

1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Raw Oatmeal
1 Cup Olive Oil

Mix together the ingredients and you have an astonishingly amazing body scrub.  I was skeptical that the sugar would be as exfoliating as I would want, but it did the job and the olive oil leaves your skin highly conditioned.

WARNING: If you use this spa-treatment in your usual shower or bath...the bottom of the tub gets a bit slippery and filmy.  So be careful and rinse well!!

Relax and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment